Project: Navacerrada’s Parish Church
Location: Navacerrada, Madrid
Team: Javier Alau, Ignacio M. Revuelta
The Navacerrada Parish Church “La Natividad de Nuestra Señora” is built on the hill top of the northern side of the city centre.
It is a single ship, presbytery, chapel, vestry and three tower rural gothic style temple, including a 16th century rubble work, an interesting font as well as a stone pulpit. Before the unfortunate restoration of 1954 which was meant to reinvent the church in Baroque revival, it was covered in wood and had a great porche that protected the open voussoir front of the façade.