Vía Expresa Project
Project: San Isidro financial district – Via expresa
Location: Lima, Perú
Team: Joaquín Aramburu Maqua, José Luis Gómez de Tomás, Antonio Aramburu, Julio Domínguez Nevado, Ignacio M. Revuelta Iglesias, Isabel Aranda Yáguez, Francisco Botella Botella, Clara Aramburu Mendiguren, Mar Herrera Díaz
San Isidro financial or business district is a great opportunity area, with a great image and economic potential, but at the same time, physically and functionally divided into two by an urban gap with “Paseo de la Republica” highway running north-south. It is a very important urban problem.
The main objectives of the intervention are:
- To knit the city together. Ease mobility and transversal accessibility.
- Equip San Isidro Financial District with open spaces in order to create a “functional attraction pole” on the new areas.
- Have a great number of pedestrian areas, such as parks, squares or public spaces.
- Reduce or eliminate the environmental impact Via Expresa has on the area.
- Keep Via Expresa´s functionality.
- Economically sustainable intervention.